Thank you to all that came out Saturday night to our annual Chili Cook-off fundraiser. It was a smashing success due to all that helped make it possible. Per Tim, we had about 80 people there. :-)
A special thank you to all our 8 chefs, without them, there would be no cookoff. We had 4 random judges and they were all impressed with the quality and how tasty all the chili were. It was a very close contest. Here are the results.
- People's Choice award went to Theresse Tan, who was gracious enough to spend her actual birthday with us
- 1st place went to Abbie Serrano (People's choice last year)
- 2nd place went to Nick Gamino
- 3rd place went to Erik Styblo
- 4th place went to Leigh Payne
Congrats to all the winners!!!
I would like to especially acknowledge the following people:
- Denise Ramos for the delicious home-made desserts and for donating it to the event
- Bonnie Chamchawee for providing yummy chicken and beef satay skewers. Thank you to Abbie, Sunny-Side-Up aka Josh and Tomomi for coming out Friday night to help prep the skewers.
- Mona and Sukanya Stephani for bringing more tasty appetizer dishes
- Paul Nguyen for being our official photographer of the evening. Love all the pictures
- Ruth Irving, Sally Wrye, Nick Cabassa and Mitch Priest for being our judges
- Kathy Cabassa for helping out Saturday night
- Tim Wrye for being the money man
The band, Sound Decision, was awesome and interacted with the people. A great time was had by all! Hope you'll join in the fun next year!
I appreciate all the help and support!